According to a report by Reuters, on Thursday, Sri Lankan Defense Secretary Hemasiri Fernando said that he had resigned, taking responsibility for the deadly string of suicide bombings that killed at least 359 people and wounded about 500 others last Sunday. He reportedly said that while there had been no direct failure on his own part, he was taking responsibility for the failure of some institutions he headed as the secretary of defense. Fernando reportedly claimed that security agencies were actively responding to intelligence they had regarding the possibility of attacks before they were launched.

http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/reuters/topNews/~3/1K-RDazEW7w/sri-lankas-de...

Advertisement
Up to 50% Off Men''s Apparel and Outwear at ems.com! While Supplies Last!

More videos

Xinhua 26 Aug 2019 09:47 CEST

One woman and her unexplosive job