According to Reuters, a California utility informed regulators on Thursday that it was investigating whether a devastating wildfire near Malibu last month may have been caused by contact between electrical wires. In a letter to the California Public Utilities Commission, Southern California Edison said it found a so-called guy wire near a jumper wire that is used to connect two energized lines. The utility said it is evaluating whether the guy wire came into contact with the jumper, which could have had the potential to cause the blaze.

http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/Reuters/domesticNews/~3/jvOTNQl5Kpk/californ...

Advertisement
Code: MARCH. Get An Additional 20% Off on Clearance at Eastern Mountain Sports! Shop Now and Save!

More videos

CGTN 19 May 2019 10:30 CEST

The story of cotton

CGTN 19 May 2019 09:49 CEST

A love letter through a millennium