Every culture has their own unique holiday traditions, rooted in that region's folklore and history. Here are five popular Easter traditions from around the world.
1. Florence, Italy - The firework packed cart is paraded through the city and set off by the Archbishop during Easter mass.
2. Sweden and Finland - It is also common for children to dress up as witches and beg for chocolate in the streets.
3. Corfu, Greece - The tradition welcome spring by disposing of old pots so new ones can be used to gather the season's crops.
4. Bessières, France - The tradition is said to have began when Napoleon passed through the town and ordered the townspeople to make a giant omelette for his army.
5. Jerusalem, Israel - Some who participate in the walk carry a large cross to symbolize Jesus’s painful journey.
For the latest on travel: https://www.10best.com/