April 17 is National Bat Appreciation Day. Here are 10 places where you can see the world's only flying mammal.
1. Congress Avenue Bridge - Austin, Texas
This bridge in the Texas capital is home to one of the largest urban bat colonies in the world.
2. Kasanka National Park - Zambia Some
10 million straw-colored fruit bats call this park home from October to December.
3. Carlsbad Caverns National Park - New Mexico
Brazilian free-tailed bats are one of 17 species found within the park.
4. Gunung Mulu National Park - Borneo
This national park comprises one of the world's largest cave chambers. Some 3.5 million wrinkle-lipped bats live in Deer Cave alone.
5. Monfort Bat Sanctuary - Philippines
Geoffrey’s Rousette fruit bats occupy the caves of Samal Island.
This Texas Hill Country cave is home to the world's largest bat colony.
Come here to see spectacled flying foxes, one of the largest species of bat.
8. Lubee Bat Conservancy - Gainesville, Florida
This non-profit is home to the largest collection of fruit bats in the world.
9. Elsey National Park - Australia
Bats roost in huge numbers in the trees of this national park.
10. Spandau Citadel - Germany
Some 10,000 bat hibernate at this former military base each winter.
For the latest on travel: https://www.10best.com/