British Prime Minister Theresa May and Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny on Monday vowed to protect economic links and avoid the return of a "hard" border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland after Brexit.
Leaders of devolved governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are expected to demand a greater role in Brexit negotiations during a joint meeting with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Monday.
Sinn Fein on Monday announced a new leader for the Northern Irish branch of the party, following the decision by Martin McGuiness to resign, first from his post as deputy first minister and then from politics.
Britain is scheduled to announce a date for elections to the Northern Ireland Assembly on Monday after a last-minute intervention by Prime Minister Theresa May failed to prevent the collapse of power-sharing in the devolved government.
Snap elections to the Northern Ireland Assembly appear inevitable after talks on Thursday failed to break an impasse over the territory's power sharing agreement, the Irish and British governments said.
The British government should call an election to Northern Ireland's devolved assembly as soon as possible, republican party Sinn Fein said following talks on Wednesday aimed at resolving a power-sharing crisis prompted by the resignation of a senior Sinn Fein politician.
Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny and senior ministers met their Northern Irish counterparts to discuss the potential impact of Britain leaving the European Union on Friday, as both sides stressed the need to preserve an open border.
A Northern Irish bakery lost its appeal against a court ruling that said it discriminated against a gay man by refusing to bake a cake supporting same-sex marriage, the Press Association reported Monday.
A Northern Irish court on Tuesday began hearing a legal challenge to the British government's right to begin Brexit negotiations, as the Irish government announced a cross-border forum on how to respond to Brexit.
Post-Brexit crises engulfing Britain's two main political parties deepened on Sunday as Scotland's leader threatened to obstruct the ruling Conservatives' implementation of Brexit legislation, and opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn faced growing calls to step down.
The British government has "forfeited any mandate" to represent the interests of people in Northern Ireland after British voters opted to leave the European Union in a historic referendum, Irish nationalist party Sinn Fein said on Friday.
Poland proved three times lucky as they finally picked up their first victory at a continental tournament by beating defensive minded debutants Northern Ireland 1-0 in their Euro 2016 opener on Sunday.
While the rest of Britain weighs the role of the European Union, Northern Ireland voters say they have grown used to control from a distant capital. This week they head to the polls in local elections that have been overshadowed by the upcoming Brexit vote.
The British state caused about 10 per cent of deaths during Northern Ireland's sectarian Troubles and paramilitary groups were responsible for the other 90 per cent, Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers said on Thursday.