Two US hostages have been released by Houthi rebels in Yemen, a spokesman for the US State Department said on Saturday.
The unidentified pair had arrived safely in Oman, according to Mark Toner, who thanked Yemen's neighbour for mediating the hostages' release and acknowledged the Houthis' "humanitarian gesture."
The move came almost a week after Washington said it was launching a review of its support for the Saudi-led bombing campaign against the Shiite rebels following an airstrike on a funeral at which 140 people were killed.
Riyadh, after first denying involvement, on Saturday admitted that "mistaken information" had led Saudi coalition forces to carry out the attack.
According to the UN, 6,500 Yemenis had been killed by June 2016 since Saudi Arabia launched its campaign in March 2015 in support of internationally recognized President Abd Rabu Mansour Hadi.
Millions more are suffering serious food and water shortages and a cholera outbreak has also been confirmed in the capital Sana'a.