Another two cities have been put under curfew in Turkey's south-east, as part of the government's ongoing offensive against fighters of the banned Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).
People in the city of Yuksekova are being told to stay inside starting from 10 pm Sunday (2000 GMT) and to adhere to the curfew until further notice, said the governor of the province in which the city lies, citing a "growing terrorist threat."
A curfew in Nusaybin, on the border with Syria, is to come into effect two hours later.
The curfews mean people will not be able to either enter or leave the cities.
A similar curfew has been in effect for the district of Sur in the city of Diyarbakir since December. The policy has prompted widespread criticism, with human rights groups saying residents are not receiving essential foods and medicines and that Turkish troops have been too prone to use deadly force for any infraction of the curfew.
Round-the-clock curfews that had been applied in the cities of Cizre and Silopi amid the fighting have been relaxed to an exclusively nighttime curfew since then.
Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala announced on Friday new military missions against the PKK in Yuksekova and the cities of Nusaybin and Sirnak. Fighting has also been reported in the cities of Silopi and Cizre.
The Turkish army said it killed 11 "terrorists" in the south-eastern Hakkari province on Saturday, after they reportedly dug trenches to block security forces.
Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:56
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 16:57