The death toll in an overnight car bomb attack in Baghdad's central Karada district has risen to 19, a Health Ministry official said on Tuesday.
Another 30 people were injured, said the official, who requested not to be named. The attack was claimed by the Islamic State extremist group.
A security source had previously said that at least nine had died in the blast.
In July, a car bomb attack in the mainly Shiite district cost some 292 lives, in the worst of the many bombings the city has suffered since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
Many of the victims on that occasion had been shopping ahead of the Eid al-Fitr festival that closes the holy month of Ramadan.
Iraqi President Fouad Massoum condemned Monday's attack as "a desperate attempt to arouse sectarian conflict."
Baghdad sees frequent deadly bombing attacks, most of which are thought to be carried out by Islamic State. They often target crowded locations such as markets and restaurants in Shiite areas as well as Shiite religious gatherings.
The radical Sunni militia regards Shiite Muslims as heretics.
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 - 12:08
Sunday, July 3, 2016 - 16:59
Friday, July 8, 2016 - 01:31