Three Indonesians who had been held hostage by the Abu Sayyaf militant group in the Philippines have been released, local media reported Sunday.
"A special team picked them last night after they were released at 23:25 local time (1525 GMT). They are now in Sulu Joint Task Force West Mincom to undergo a medical check-up," Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi was quoted as saying by state news agency Antara.
Retno said in a joint press conference with the armed forces chief, General Gatot Nurmantyo, that the three men had been identified as Ferry Arifin, M Mahbur Dahlan and Edi Suryono.
After the medical check-up, the three men will be officially handed over to representatives of the Indonesian government in Zamboanga in the south of the country.
There are still two Indonesian hostages being held hostage, and Retno said the government is still trying to work on their release.
Two Indonesian hostages were released in August and another four were released in mid-September. They and the three men released yesterday were among 11 Indonesian sailors who were captured by Abu Sayyaf in Malaysian waters on two separate incidents in July and August.