Strikes on north-western Syria kill 25 people, monitor says

Twenty five people including five children, were killed Wednesday in raids that targeted the province of Idilb in north-western Syria, a monitor group said.

"Fifteen civilians and 10 fighters from Islamic groups were killed when raids targeted the city of Idlib," the head of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights told dpa.

He said the number is likely to increase due severe injuries among the wounded.

Several other raids targeted the cities of Khan Sheikhoun and Benish, in Idlib's countryside, Abdel Rahman said without specifying casualties.

Idlib city and the province by the same name is held by a coalition of rebel groups, including Jabhat Fatah al-Sham (Front for the Conquest of Levant), previously known as al-Nusra Front.

Last update: Thu, 18/08/2016 - 01:03
Author: 

More from World

South Korean media: North Korea ICBM launch could be imminent

North Korea may be planning to launch two intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) soon, South Korean media...

Obama: "I think we're going to be OK"

US President Barack Obama reflected Wednesday on eight years in office and expressed optimism for the future of the...

Obama: Journalists should show "tenacity" with next administration

US President Barack Obama thanks and praises reporters for the way that they covered his eight-year tenure, saying...

Troops amass near Gambia border to pressure president to step down

Senegalese troops amassed at the border with Gambia as the clock ticked down on Gambian President Yahya Jammeh's...

Trump says he doesn't like tweeting, then tweets some more

More than 20 million people follow Donald Trump's Twitter account, but the US president-elect seems to consider...