Airstrikes on a water well north of Yemen’s rebel-held capital Sana’a reportedly killed 30 civilians, a UN humanitarian official said on Monday.
UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, added that the reported strikes occurred on Saturday in the Beit Saadan village north of Sana’a and left 17 injured.
The victims included first responders and two children, according to McGoldrick.
He did not explicitly blame the attack on the Saudi-led coalition that has been carrying out an air campaign in Yemen against the rebel Houthis for more than a year.
“I remain deeply disturbed by the unrelenting attacks on civilians and on civilian infrastructure throughout Yemen by all parties to the conflict, which are further destroying Yemen’s social fabric and increasing humanitarian needs,” McGoldrick said in an online statement.
Last month, UN rights chief Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said in a report that 2,067 civilians were killed in Yemen between July 2015 and June 2016 - 1,259 of whom died in Saudi-led airstrikes.
Hussein called for an international investigation into civilian deaths in Yemen.
Yemen's conflict has intensified since March 2015, when the Iran-allied rebels advanced on the southern city of Aden, prompting Saudi Arabia and fellow Sunni allies to start an air campaign in Yemen against the group.
Saudi Arabia fears that the mostly Shiite rebels will give its regional rival, Shiite Iran, a strategic foothold on the Arabian Peninsula.