The November 13 terrorist attacks on a football stadium, concert hall, restaurants and bars in the French capital Paris left 130 people dead.
Here is what is known about the main suspects so far, based on police information and media reports.
- The seven attackers who died in Paris on November 13:
OMAR ISMAIL MOSTEFAI: A 29-year-old Frenchman born in the southern Paris suburb of Courcouronnes, who was among the attackers at the Bataclan concert hall. He was known to police as a small-time criminal, but had never been jailed. He had also been under watch since 2010 for radicalization and reportedly spent time in Syria.
SAMY AMIMOUR: A 28-year-old Frenchman born in Paris, the second of the Bataclan attackers. The former public bus driver was known to law enforcement for links to terrorists and had attempted to go to Yemen. He was the subject of an international arrest warrant issued in 2013, at which time his family says he had gone to Syria.
FOUED MOHAMMED AGGAD: A 23-year-old Frenchman from Strasbourg, who was identified as the third Bataclan attacker. His mother reportedly got a text message from Syria informing her of her son's death "as a martyr." He is believed to have gone to Syria at the end of 2013.
BRAHIM ABDESLAM: A 31-year-old Frenchman, who had lived in Belgium and blew himself up in the restaurant Comptoir Voltaire. He ran a now-shuttered bar in the Brussels neighbourhood of Molenbeek together with his brother and fellow Paris attack suspect Salah Abdeslam.
BILAL HADFI: A 20-year-old Frenchman, who had lived in Belgium and blew himself up near the Stade de France football stadium. There are media reports that he too spent time in Syria, having joined the Islamic State extremist group.
THE MAN WITH THE SYRIAN PASSPORT: A Syrian passport issued to 25-year-old Ahmad al-Mohammad was found near the body of a second Stade de France attacker, but it is thought to be a fake. Whoever used the passport is suspected of having infiltrated the migrant flows coursing through Europe.
THIRD STADE DE FRANCE ATTACKER: Still to be identified. He may also have infiltrated migrant flows.
- The three suspects killed on November 18 during a police raid in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis:
ABDELHAMID ABAAOUD: A 28-year-old Belgian national of Moroccan origin, suspected of masterminding and participating in the November 13 attacks. Abaaoud had been in Syria since 2014 and was a poster child for the Islamic State extremist group. He grew up in Molenbeek.
CHAKIB AKROUH: A 25-year-old man of Belgian-Moroccan nationality, who detonated a suicide bomb during the police raid. He is also suspected of taking part in the November 13 attacks. The former Molenbeek resident left Belgium in 2013 and later joined the Islamic State in Syria. He was sentenced in absentia to jail in Belgium.
HASNA AITBOULAHCEN: The 26-year-old French woman of Moroccan origin is said to have been Abaaoud's cousin.
- The suspect killed on March 15 during a police raid in the Brussels neighbourhood of Forest:
MOHAMED BELKAID: A 35-year-old Algerian national who was illegally living in Belgium and was barely known to police. But investigators believe he used the false identity of Samir Bouzid while travelling with Salah Abdeslam to Hungary last September. Other activities linked to the Paris attacks were also carried out in Bouzid's name.
- The two suspects killed during the March 22 terrorist attacks in Brussels:
NAJIM LAACHRAOUI: A 24-year-old Belgian national who had left for Syria in 2013. Investigators believe he used the false identity of Soufiane Kayal while travelling with Salah Abdeslam and Belkaid in Hungary last September. Other logistical activities linked to the Paris attacks were also carried out in Kayal's name. Traces of Laachraoui's DNA were found in hideouts and suicide belts used by the
KHALID EL BAKRAOUI: A 29-year-old Belgian national who had been the subject of an international arrest warrant since December, amid suspicions that he had rented under a false identity a hideout used by the Paris attackers in the southern Belgian city of Charleroi. He is reported to also have rented an apartment in Brussels where a shootout occurred with police on March 15, eventually leading to the arrest in Brussels of Salah Abdeslam.
- The four suspects who are still alive and in custody:
SALAH ABDESLAM: The brother of Brahim Abdeslam. The 26-year-old Frenchman had lived in Molenbeek and was arrested in the Brussels neighbourhood on March 18. According to French state prosecutor Francois Molins, Abdeslam had intended to blow himself up at the State de France stadium on November 13, but then backed out.
AMINE CHOUKRI: One of several aliases used by a man who was arrested together with Salah Abdeslam in Brussels. His fingerprints are not in any global databases, so Belgian police have not yet been able to determine his identity. Choukri, who also has used the identity of Monir Ahmed Alaaj, had been checked by police together with Salah Abdeslam in Germany in October. His fingerprints were also found in one of the Belgium hideouts used by the Paris attackers.
REDA KRIKET: A 34-year-old Frenchman who was arrested in France on March 24. He is alleged to have been in the advanced stages of planning a new terrorist attack in Paris. According to media reports, he had links to Abaaoud. Kriket had been sentenced in Belgium last year to 10 years in prison for terrorist activities and had been the subject of a European arrest warrant since August.
MOHAMED ABRINI: The 31-year-old was filmed on November 11 driving a Renault Clio car that was later used in the Paris attacks. The video showed Abrini together with Salah Abdeslam at a petrol station in northern France. He was arrested in Brussels on April 8 and admitted one day later to being the fugitive third attacker at Brussels airport on March 22. Known as the "man with the hat" based on video surveillance images, Abrini is thought to have left explosives at the airport, where two others set off suicide bombs. He is reportedly of Belgian-Moroccan nationality.