A Danish court on Tuesday ordered a teenage girl and a young man to remain in custody on suspicion of planning to attack two schools, one of them a Jewish school in the capital of Copenhagen, local media reported.
The girl, a 16-year-old who converted to Islam more than a year ago, was suspected of buying chemicals and trying to make explosive devices, Danish news agency Ritzau reported.
The 24-year-old man was suspected of giving the girl a bomb-making manual and previously visited Syria, Ritzau and broadcaster TV2 reported from the district court in Holbaek, north-west of the capital.
Both suspects denied the charges but were to remain in custody until March 30, the court said.
The two have been in custody since January. Details of the charges were sealed until Tuesday, when the prosecutor read them out loud. Reporters were then ordered to leave the court.
According to Ritzau, prosecutor Kristian Kirk said the girl had planned to attack Carolineskolen, a private Jewish school in Copenhagen, and a school near her home in Holbaek.
Carolineskolen head Jan Hansen told broadcaster TV2 he was confident with the security measures authorities had in place at the school, adding that threats there were not uncommon.
The Danish security service PET said it had not found grounds to revise its assessment of the terrorist threat facing Denmark, saying it remained serious.
The foiled plans have not been labelled as terrorism. That decision rests with Justice Minister Soren Pind.