The Documenta Centre for Dealing with the Past civil society group on Friday sent an open letter to the Croatian Chief State Prosecutor's Office asking it if it was dropping the investigation into the command responsibility of Zeljko Sacic and other commanders from the Lucko anti-terrorist unit for the crime committed against six Serb civilians in the village of Grubori on 25 August 1995.
This is how the NGO reacted to the decision of the Zagreb County Prosecutor's Office said on Thursday it had called off an investigation into a war crime in the village of Ramljani, namely the investigation into Zeljko Sacic, wartime Interior Ministry special police assistant commander, and Frano Drlje, former member of the Lucko anti-terrorist unit.
The Zagreb County Prosecutor's Office said on its website that in July 2014 it resumed an investigation of the two suspects in line with the new Criminal Procedure Act and that, since the investigation did not result in grounds for suspicion that they committed the crime in Ramljani, it decided to call off the investigation.
Documenta said that according to court decisions made so far in the Grubori case, "there is a critical amount of incriminating facts in the context of the command responsibility of Zeljko Sacic as an assistant in the Headquarters of the Interior Ministry Special Police units in Gracac during Operation Storm."
Friday, January 8, 2016 - 13:09
Friday, February 19, 2016 - 13:21
Friday, February 26, 2016 - 10:49