Health Minister Dario Nakic said in Osijek on Tuesday that the damage caused to the city hospital by a storm that hit Osijek on Monday, would be removed and that it was estimated at five million kuna.
After touring the hospital complex with Regional Development and EU Funds Minister Tomislav Tolusic, Nakic said that the disaster had revealed the bad state of the hospital complex, adding that a lot would have to be done to reform the health system and make it stable and functioning.
Announcing new projects for the Osijek Hospital, he said that HRK 30 million would be invested in the construction of a new emergency unit and that HRK 50 million would be invested in a new outpatient clinic.
Talks are under way with the Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds to find additional funding for the hospital's renovation, including funds for its energy upgrading because so far hospitals have not applied for such funds, said Nakic.
The hospital's acting director, Vlatko Kopic, said that the damage caused by the storm could exceed five million kuna and that it would require thorough renovation. He noted that despite the storm and bad working conditions, the hospital at no moment stopped providing medical services yesterday.