Caretaker Economy Minister Tomislav Panenic on Saturday criticised the fact that last night domestic oil was transferred to the oil refinery in Rijeka instead of Sisak without the knowledge of the Croatian members of the INA oil company's supervisory and management boards, saying he would request an official explanation from Hungary's MOL, the majority stakeholder in INA.
Speaking to Hina, Panenic said he was informed of the transfer too late, when it had already begun, so it could not longer be stopped. He recalled that in July he objected to the transfer of crude oil to the Rijeka refinery, having been notified in time, because it could have signalled the closure of the Sisak refinery.
"Everything regarding oil processing and the (Sisak) refinery, which is a key energy facility in Croatia, should be the result of an agreement between MOL and the Croatian government and this time too I'm expressing my displeasure at the fact that they launched (the oil transfer) before the (new) government has been formed and before the government has taken a position on the overall situation in INA and the processing in Sisak."
Panenic said consultations would urgently be held with the Croatian members of the INA's supervisory and management boards to determine how the decision on the transfer was made and by whom. "We will also ask for an official explanation from MOL."
Last night, about 600 tonnes of crude oil was transferred from Graberje Ivanicko to the oil refinery in Rijeka, instead of Sisak. The New Solidarity trade union too criticised the transfer, calling it another attack on Sisak and local refinery as well as on the institutions on the state, demanding an investigation and the punishment of those responsible.