Management rejects claims about worrying situation at HRT

The management board of the HRT public broadcasting corporation on Tuesday denied claims by the head of the Croatian Journalists' Association (HND), Sasa Lekovic, that the situation at the HRT was worrying and that as many as 70 people had been replaced over the last two months.

The HRT management board said that the changes launched in the last two months were aimed at raising professional standards and financially stabilising the public broadcaster.

It said that the HND's statement contained a lot of untruths, noting that only the HRT director-general and the HRT Programme Council director had been relieved of their duties for failure to fulfil their obligations under the law, while most other executives and editors had been relieved at their own request.

Last update: Tue, 03/05/2016 - 21:00
Author: 

Related

More from Croatia

PM dismisses claims of reviving fascism in Croatia

Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic of the Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) on Monday dismissed the insinuations about...

U.S. official says fascistisation not visible in Croatia

A senior US official said on Monday that fascistisation was not visible in Croatia, as claimed by Serbia, which has...

NGOs recall 6 Dec 1991 army attack on Dubrovnik

The Documenta Centre for Dealing with the Past from Zagreb and the Human Rights Action and the Centre for Civic...

Netanyahu thanks Croatian PM for Croatia's assistance in fighting wildfires

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu thanked his Croatian counterpart Andrej Plenkovic for the assistance...

FM talks controversial memorial plaque in Jasenovac

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Davor Ivo Stier on Monday addressed comments that the government was not...