Croatia's engagement in Afghanistan will continue to be to the same extent as it has been so far, whereas it may be reduced in the second half of the next year, Croatia's Foreign Minister Vesna Pusic said on Tuesday in Brussels where she arrived for a NATO two-day ministerial meeting.
Croatia will continue to deploy 84 officers and soldiers and it may reduce its contingent to 70 stoops in the second half of the next year, Pusic told Croatian reporters.
She also mentioned a possibility of troops from other countries covered by the U.S.-Adriatic Charter to be deployed in Afghanistan.
Croatia will continue conducting civilian projects in Afghanistan, although the worsening security conditions make this task more difficult, Pusic said noting that Afghanis make up 28% of all refugees who have passed through Croatia in the past two and a half months.
As for the expected admission of Montenegro to the alliance, Pusic said that at this moment it was also extremely important that NATO and European Union member-states started establishing new and harmonised relations with Russia.