Radovan Karadzic is innocent and The Hague tribunal has sentenced him to 40 years only because he is a Serb, which makes this a verdict against the entire Serb people, another ICTY indictee and leader of Serb Radical Party leader Vojislav Seselj said on Thursday.
The ICTY is expected to hand down a ruling against Seselj for the 1991-1993 war crimes against Croats and Bosniaks in Croatia, Vojvodina and Bosnia on March 31. The verdict will be handed down in absentia.
Seselj said in Belgrade that the ICTY is a fake tribunal which blames only Serbs for all conflicts in the Balkans.
Earlier on Thursday, the ICTY sentenced the ex-president of the Bosnian Serb entity of Republika Srpska, Radovan Karadzic, to 40 years' imprisonment for genocide in Srebrenica and other war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina.