Montenegrin Prime Minister Milo Djukanovic on Thursday congratulated Vojislav Seselj on getting acquitted by the UN war crimes tribunal at The Hague.
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) earlier on Thursday acquitted Seselj on all counts of the indictment for war crimes in Croatia, Vojvodina and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Commenting on the acquittal of the Serbian Radical Party leader, Djukanovic said he did not expect the ICTY to be able to surprise him.
"I took note of The Hague tribunal's decision and I congratulate Seselj on his freedom," Djukanovic told reporters.
The Social Democratics (SDP) said they were shocked with the words of congratulations Djukanovic extended to Seselj after the acquittal, saying that they believed that Montenegro had condemned and forgot Seselj's policy.
"The SDP cannot believe that in 2016 someone can actually congratulate Seselj's policy for which we believed that after 25 years it had condemned and forgotten at least in Montenegro," the SDP said.