State officials in Belgrade on Sunday declined to comment on the Montenegrin police operation which resulted in the arrest of 20 Serbian citizens suspected of an alleged preparation of terrorist attacks, saying they would not comment on the incident until the end of parliamentary elections in Montenegro and until they get more information.
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said he would not comment on the arrest of a group which, according to the media, included former Serbian police official Bratislav Dikic.
"We have no information about it. I've been notified of the incident by the Serbian interior minister. To me it is weird that this is taking place on this day. That is all I will say about it," Vucic told the press, adding that he did not want to influence the course of the parliamentary vote in Montenegro in any way.
He said he would speak about the case in more detail on Monday, after the parliamentary election in Montenegro.
Montenegrin Chief of Police Slavko Stojanovic confirmed for the local television that based on intelligence information and cooperation with police forces in the region, the Montenegrin police arrested 20 Serbian citizens in the election night and during the day and that police were still searching for one more person.
The group, according to Stojanovic, planned a series of terrorist attacks in Montenegro during the election days in order to cause chaos in the country, attack institutions and possibly assassin top state officials.
The group is led by a former police head form Serbia, Bratislav Bata Dikic, who had been relieved of his duty.
Monday, October 17, 2016 - 16:44
Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 14:12
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 08:28